Where the path is...
I think everyone I have ever met has a story about extreme change in their lives. Even more details arise when they stop to think about how that change effected their direction etc. They may say, "Oh yeah, my decision was so wrong, but when I realized that I had made a mistake I knew that things had to change, and that's when I..." and the like. Personally, I feel that I have had my fair share of extreme change, mistake making etc., but life has seasons and now, well, I am entering into the next season of change. I am not sure as of yet where this path I am on is heading, but I am not worried. That is the strangest change. Me not worried? I can scarcely believe it myself. I mean, of course I have my moments when I try to over-analyze what I need to be doing or planning. Overall, though, I am content in knowing that I am seeking God's will for my life for the first time in a while, and I am loving every unknown minute of it!
This past Wednesday I had an interview for a youth ministry position in Waycross, GA. It was incredible! I had such a great time meeting with the leaders of that church and even some of their young people. Regardless of whether or not God leads me there, I am so incredibly grateful that my first interview scenario was that amazing! I am humbled by their hearts and what they are seeking to do for their students and surrounding community. The only bad part about it was that the one person I wanted to talk to about it wasn't there. I had not felt the full force of everything that has happened between us until that evening while driving back to my parents. I missed her. I still do, but I am proud of what she is longing to be-who God is calling her to be. I just wish I could have shared all of this with her at that moment. Even now I want to speak to her, hear her perspective on it, but I know it may not be wise for either of us right now. Changes can be extremely difficult, yet necessary. Painful, yet healing at the same time. There is a dichotomy there that only points to the clarity that I know my God has on the subject. He is awe-inspiring!
I guess change always exists on the horizon threatening to shatter what we think we have under control. It is in these times though, that I feel we truly have the opportunity to seek God. If we are able to worship him through difficulty isn't that a great thing? I like to think so. I hope so!
Wherever this path leads and whatever change may come, I pray, God, that you are the guide. That yours is the voice I listen for! I thank you for your unending love that exists wherever you guide us. May you be praised!
This past Wednesday I had an interview for a youth ministry position in Waycross, GA. It was incredible! I had such a great time meeting with the leaders of that church and even some of their young people. Regardless of whether or not God leads me there, I am so incredibly grateful that my first interview scenario was that amazing! I am humbled by their hearts and what they are seeking to do for their students and surrounding community. The only bad part about it was that the one person I wanted to talk to about it wasn't there. I had not felt the full force of everything that has happened between us until that evening while driving back to my parents. I missed her. I still do, but I am proud of what she is longing to be-who God is calling her to be. I just wish I could have shared all of this with her at that moment. Even now I want to speak to her, hear her perspective on it, but I know it may not be wise for either of us right now. Changes can be extremely difficult, yet necessary. Painful, yet healing at the same time. There is a dichotomy there that only points to the clarity that I know my God has on the subject. He is awe-inspiring!
I guess change always exists on the horizon threatening to shatter what we think we have under control. It is in these times though, that I feel we truly have the opportunity to seek God. If we are able to worship him through difficulty isn't that a great thing? I like to think so. I hope so!
Wherever this path leads and whatever change may come, I pray, God, that you are the guide. That yours is the voice I listen for! I thank you for your unending love that exists wherever you guide us. May you be praised!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home