7.23.2006

The Great Disconnect...

Hi everyone,

I know I have not been a regular poster these past few months, but I realize this may have been a blessing in disguise. Over this past week (and today) I have been thinking through how truly connected to others, and more importantly God, I am. How connected can I be if it is only through cyberspace, how connected to God can I be if i never turn this laptop off and read his word and talk to him. I think I am being convicted about this. i enjoy blogging, i enjoy myspace and facebook, but half of the messages left and returned on those sites are so surface level it isn't even funny. i want more. i defnitely want more with God and of this comes in the way of my relationship and pursuit of Him then I guess we know the answer to that. I need to cut back.

This past week I attended a camp with my former church as a chaperone for the youth group and while there I was pretty disconnected. at first it was a little stressful, but as the week progressed, i let go and i enjoyed it immensely. i had more time with those kids, myself, and with God (though if I am totally honest i still pursued playing games more than i did spending time with God and reading his word or books etc. but I guess it will take baby steps). I am longing to be close with God. i am. i have no idea what that means, but I can feel it deep within my being and I have no earthly idea how to pursue that, but I am sure he is faithful. I need him. Especially now, more than ever. there is a lot happening in my mind, my life, my heart, and my soul. i do not know where these questions, this confusion, this ever-growing brokeness is leading, but I am honestly excited to see where God would have me venture next, because to me (as cheesy as it sounds... HE is my greatest adventure). Please keep me in your prayers, along with Watermark, and the coffee pub.

I have missed you all and i love you guys!

::RJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home